Carrier IQ Settlement
- Obtain more information about the Carrier IQ class action lawsuit which is pending in the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO DIVISION
- This is case number 12-md-02330-EMC
- In order to obtain a
The Carrier IQ settlement revolves around claims that Carrier IQ developed software that intercepted private communications, content, and data on these device on millions of US Mobile devices. Class members in the lawsuit (listed below) claim that Carrier IQ violated the Federal Wiretap Act and a host of other various state privacy and wiretap acts, various state consumer protection acts. A settlement fairness hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. to determine if the proposed settlement is fair and adequate.
Carrier IQ Settlement Comments
- A 9 million dollar settlement fund has been established
- Class members will receive
- The class period is listed as February 1, 2007 through January 1, 2019
- The law firms of Pearson, Simon & Warshaw, LLP and Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP will represent the class members (the law firms are seeking 25% of the settlement pot in return for their efforts)
primary plantiffslisted in the lawsuit are as follows: Patrick Kenny, Daniel Pipkin, Jennifer Patrick, Dao Phong, Ryan McKeen, Leron Levy, Luke Szulczewski, Michael Allan, Gary Cribbs, Shawn Grisham, Bobby Cline, Mark Laning, Clarissa Portales, Douglas White, Eric Thomas, Brian Sandstrom, and Colleen Fischer.
Defendantsare Carrier iQ, Inc.; HTC America, Inc.; HTC Corporation; Huawei Device USA, Inc.; LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.; LG Electronics, Inc.; Motorola Mobility LLC; Pantech Wireless, Inc.; Samsung Electronics America, Inc.; and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Any questions about the Carrier IQ Settlement can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-368-7154. Class members in the Carrier IQ Class Action Lawsuit needing to fax documents can send them to: 1-415-256-9756.