MASS DUA UI Online
- Mass DUA debit cards expire 3 years after the date they were issued, and worker who need a new one will need to call Bank of America (not Mass DUA) at (855) 898-7292 to get a new one
- Massachusetts requires that workers getting
- UI benefits in Mass are taxable income, meaning the person receiving them will be responsible for paying federal and state taxes (but workers can request that taxes be withheld before the benefits are paid out)
Massachusetts workers who have become unemployed through no fault of their own (and who are able to work available for work and looking for work) can use the Mass UI web site to apply for unemployment insurance benefits, request Massachusetts unemployment benefit payment, check the status of a Massachusetts unemployment claim, plus update their phone number or address with the state of Massachusetts.
MASS DUA UI Online Comments
- For employers,the Mass service lets them submit quarterly wage records, make employer contributions to Mass UI, respond to wage and separation information, plus view and protest benefits changes along with many additional services
How long does it take to get unemployment benefits in Massachusetts?
Once a resident applies for benefits, the Mass DUA will send a request for wage information (and reason for separation) to the employer listed on a claim. The employer will have 10 days to respond. Mass DUA will calculate a benefit amount and send both the employee and the employer a questionnaire about detail information regarding the separation.
- Once a worker is deemed to be eligible for Massachusetts unemployment insurance, they will start receiving benefits within 7 days
To contact Massachusetts Labor and Workforce Development
- Charles F. Hurley Building, 19 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114